Wednesday, April 30, 2008

If this, then that

I know this is TOTALLY geeky but I must share with you the pride I feel in having figured out the pesky logical order of an If statement in Excel that was stressing me out all yesterday afternoon.

I enlisted AL's help and consulted with my ex-manager. I even used my whiteboard to jot down the various criteria in the hopes that a solution would come to me, much to the amusement of my cubemates.

After searching through Excel's Help function earlier today (why didn't I think of that sooner? duh!), I discovered that the solution was much easier than I had thought! I was just complicating the matter! So all is well in my little financial modelling world again.

Now, if only I can figure out how to use the Data Tables function properly....!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...