Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sofa options!

One of my last stops on this rainy Saturday was to G.H. Johnson on Dupont where my hope was to find affordable sofa options and I was not disappointed.

This tufted leather sofa reminds me of the vintage one here without the buttons, but it's too firm for my liking.

I like this one by Kimberley Seldon but it's above my budget.

This sectional by Elite Designs reminds me of Gus Design Group's Carter Sectional, only, less comfortable.

This velvet one is comfortable and, in hindsight...rather bland.

The Bowan Sofa here by Klaussner is a more casual, comfy version of the Kimberley Seldon sample a couple above.

The two following are the front-runners, both by Brentwood - Normand Couture and manufactured right here in Canada.

This is NC10-Lounge, which reads more formal with its bolsters and piped cushions.

And this is NC50-Move Me (what awful names) which reads more comfy-casual, but not too casual with its tuxedo-frame.  I must say that this one has the price advantage over the former, besides, see how great it looks with my throw pillow cases from bed!:

I think I need to inject some more brown in there though by way of another throw pillow...and I think I have just the right fabric...

I found these pretty occasional chairs in the back room where all the bedding is stocked.  I love the print and their shape...in my grown-up bedroom, I'd place them around my newly-acquired Eileen Gray side table.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE this graphic bedding by Nygard - those blooms you see are flocked!   Imagine the texture...luxe velvet against comfy cotton...brilliant!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...