Monday, April 14, 2008

Gate Leg Tables

My copy of Elle Decor hasn't arrived yet so my first look was via this post at Style Court - look at the gorgeous cover table:

It's a gate leg table, which I'd never seen or heard of before but it's lovely and I kinda want one now...for my grown up house, I think. I found this late-17th century specimen below here which is just as beautiful, if not more so than the one on the cover...can you imagine the history it's witnessed?...just LOOK at the detail of the legs and nevermind the $48K pricetag!



From the listing:
Important Jacobean Oak Gateleg Table. A rare and important oval joined Gateleg table of early form. With well-shaped bold spiral twist legs and stretchers. Good thick top with wonderful mellow dark oak colour and patina. Supported by full height bold vase-shaped feet. English. Circa 1690. Length 57", Height 30", Width closed 23" , Width open (each leaf is 19.5") 62".

1 comment:

Style Court said...

You found a great one! Thanks for the shout out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...