Saturday, April 12, 2008

More vintage finds...

Here's a selection of some of the other great vintage finds I found on Queen West, the one block just east of Roncesvalles:

I love everything in this picture - the bar cart which, if it were mine, I'd have nickel-plated and switch out the glass for mirror because I'm all about the sparkle of Hollywood glam, the Art Nouveau lamp base atop it, the floral wall art just to the right of it and the astronomical globe too.

I imagine these jewel-like wall sconces wired up in my "grown-up" dining room...Can't you just imagine the sparkle and glow they'd emit when lit?

This circa 1950s sculpture by I don't remember which artist brings to mind the image of an old-school bespectacled doctor with a light on his forehead...
 
I love this: according to the note attached to the frame, "This is the commercially produced "text" sent to correspondence students in 1893.  They re-produced the sheet freehand and returned it to the school for grading."

This teak sideboard is very similar to one that currently resides in our basement which sits mostly empty - I've laid claim to it and it will be moving with me in August.   I love the style of the button-tufted leather chesterfield in the background too.  Too bad the colour's all wrong.
 
The shape of these chairs totally appeals...I'm pretty sure they're walnut and I even like the fabric print.  If re-upholstered, I think these chairs would look pretty good with the Tulip.

This mirrored vision is a free-standing bar and I love the Chinese panel in the background.

And finally, this Danish design teak table with the 6 matching chairs...gorgeous, non?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...