Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hockey in the Box

I went to see my very first live hockey game yesterday and did it in style in my company's corporate box at the Air Canada Centre. Here's the view from the front row of our box just before the Toronto Maple Leafs and the Buffalo Sabres took the ice:


Here're the teams by their respective benches during a commercial break:

And the scoreboard 41 seconds before the end of the first period:

I am not a hockey fan and the few times I've ever watched a game from start to finish has been when Team Canada was up for medal contention at the Olympics...and maybe the World Championships...this being said, I lost interest after the first period and spent the next two chatting with my team, drinking the free-flowing wine and eating an ice cream drumstick. :)

The Leafs ended up losing the game in a shoot-out 4-3.

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I like hockey! Lots of action! I had to run a spotlight for the Bruins Home opener last year, and it was a very cool experience!! :D

phoenix said...

I don't get hockey - but I'm surrounded by people at work who are totally into it - they watch it, will discuss it at the watercooler (figuratively for the most part because we don't literally have a watercooler but we do have a nifty UV water dispenser), play it and even coach it. I just can't get into it - basketball's a different story though, I can totally get into bball. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...