Sunday, March 30, 2008

Conversion pains

So.  Excited as I was about getting my new Macbook Pro, I haven't really used it all that much.  Why?  Well.  As a lifelong PC user, I'm obviously very invested in Windows and its related programs and stuff....so I was not looking forward to converting.

I made the decision this weekend to finally get down to business and let me tell you.  It's a PAIN IN THE ASS!  It's a slow and torturous process to copy over my photos and files and I'm not sure I like iPhoto, nor am I crazy about how Safari organizes bookmarks.

Now, I'm sure it's just because I'm ignorant of most things Apple and its OS and once I become familiar with the shortcuts and such it will make my computing experience on the Macbook more efficient and I'll love it.  But right now, I'm irked and annoyed.

It is still a stylish and beautiful machine though and that appeals to the superficial in me.

3 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

That is the downside to technology. I want to get a Macbook, too, but I'd continue to use my Sony, as well... it's kinda like a Timex. Keeps on tickin! LOL.

phoenix said...

Haha! Well, I've been using my Toshiba too...except, I really should wean myself off it...otherwise, what was the point of getting the macbook in the first place? :)

Jane Flanagan said...

I'm a lifetime Mac user but have a PC at work, which I hate using.

I do use Firefox instead of Safari tho (on both, so my browser is consistent on both OS).

Keep plugging away and if you can't figure out how to do something ask yourself "what would be the most straightforward, user-friendly way of doing this?"

Odds are they're used that rather than some convoluted menu command (yes, I'm biased, I know...)

The alternative is to accept you're a PC... lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...