Sunday, March 23, 2008

So cool!

The latest project on my plate at work is related to Web 2.0 and leveraging social networking opportunities online - something I've been able to experience first-hand ever since I started this blog 2 years ago this May.

My musings have serendipitously connected me with some very cool people including fellow bloggers and people I admire, including my nerd crush, Alain de Botton, who I blogged about after hearing him speak at DX in October 2006. Someone at M&S, his Canadian publisher, must have googled him and found my blog. S/he forwarded the link to him and he wrote me a lovely, perfectly charming email of thanks for coming out to hear him speak. I was rather mortified that he'd read that blog since I confessed my crush on him, but what can you do? Such is the power of the internet to connect people.

The latest cool connection is that I received an email from Stacey Litwen-Davies recently in response to my blog about the chairs she paired with the Saarinen in her kitchen - they're Charles Eames' molded plywood dining chairs in a walnut veneer and she also provided a link to her new website, which is where the photo below is from:

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

It is so great to be able to connect with people through the internet. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...