Thursday, March 27, 2008

Passionately Purple

I thought I had the colour scheme to my bedroom all figured out when I picked out these pillowcases - the crisp white linens and furnishings would be offset against deep blue walls and I'd layer the patterned cases alternately against the red pillows. A bright, fun and fresh scheme - or so I thought.

To be honest though, whenever I thought of my bedroom, I never really imagined that I'd decorate it like that - I always saw it to be purple - a colour I've loved for as long as I can remember. So when I first saw these lamps over the weekend at Homesense, I was immediately drawn to them, and my first thought was that they would look perfect in a bedroom:

I didn't buy them at the time because I felt like I'd already committed to my initial scheme...but how silly is that? I couldn't stop thinking about them though...so after browsing through my image library, I've decided to stay true to myself and go with the purple. I called ahead this afternoon to make sure they were still in-store, placed them on hold and stopped by after dinner tonight to pick them up.

I saw them waiting for me in all their purpleness at the front and couldn't help but smile because they were purpler than I remembered them being. :) Anyway, they're home with me now and my head is buzzing with ideas.

Here're some of the inspiring bedrooms I've been reviewing the last couple days - the fact that they all feature crisp white linens sort of sealed the deal for me:








2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I love purple!! Especially plum or eggplant! :D

Jane Flanagan said...

If you haven't already seen it, you might enjoy the current issue of Metropolitan Home;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...