Friday, April 04, 2008

Smacks of insecurity

You wanna know what irks me?  People who include their educational and professional credentials in their email signatures at work - it's one thing if it's a generally accepted practice in the organization, but when it's not, then it just reeks of insecurity.

The perfect example is this manager who recently joined our organization who I had to train to do a quarterly report.  The instructions and links in the binder are clearly identified and cross-indexed because it's reviewed by our auditors yet the guy had to book a meeting with me to ask me a question that could have easily been answered if he had just flipped the page.  And this guy is a manager?  Where's the initiative here?

He sent me an email request about something else and that's when I noticed he signed his email "D@&!% M#^?@, MBA, CMA."  He makes me embarassed to be a CMA myself.

2 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

I don't like it either. It seems passive aggressive and rude in that way people who meet you and ask you right away "what do you do?" come across. And, of course, it all smacks of insecurity.

The Lone Beader® said...

That is unnecessary.

And, just so ya know, I wasn't even sure what a CMA was, so I googled it and came up with the Country Music Association and Country Music Awards. LOL! I had to put in 'what is' to come up with the definition as it relates to you. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...