Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Working it again...

I was pretty excited last week when W sent me a posting for a job that sounded perfect on paper. The role is for a company that my friend G's wife works for, so I sent her a quick email to ask if she could give me any insight on the group and position.

We've been in touch via email this week after an abortive attempt at getting together this past Sunday to talk about it further and from what she's been able to share with me, this, too, is probably not the right role for me. We finally caught each other live on the phone tonight.

I spoke with G first since he answered and, as usual, he provided me with some sound advice. While I am pretty sure that it's probably best for me to stay with my current company in the short-term, it wouldn't hurt to test my resume and interview skills on this position given that it's probably closer to what I would be looking for in future. It would be a good learning experience, whatever the outcome.

I spoke with E afterwards, first about Harry Potter - the end that's coming, the latest movie, etc. - and then about the possibility of future set-ups with single guys they may know (I spoke with G too about this, we're open like that) and finally got down to business. She offered to refer me to the manager of the group - but she'd frame it like an informational interview. I've promised to send her my CV in the next couple days, so we'll see how that goes...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...