Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Child of the 80s

Stolen from Adrienne... :)

1. Did you ever end a sentence with the word “PSYCH!” Yup
2. Did you ever own a pound puppy? No, I thought they were kinda ugly
3. Which “heavy metal” group did you like? Um...Bon Jovi? not really heavy metal, I know, but I associate heavy metal with hair and they had the hair
4. What was your favorite Blondie song? Call Me.
5. Strawberry Shortcake or Holly Hobby? Strawberry Shortcake. Who the heck was Holly Hobby?
6. Admit it, you owned the Strawberry Shortcake little scented dolls? I was a deprived child.
7. What are “Hammer Pants”, and what is “Hammer Time?” Hammer Pants were popularized by MC Hammer, and Hammer Time was one of his hit songs.
8. Fraggle Rock or the Muppets Show? Muppets.
9. Saturday Mornings - Smurfs or Kids Inc.? Smurfs! La la la la la la
10. Did you rock the side ponytail? No. I could never get it to sit right on the side.
11. Did you play the game MASH (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)? Huh?
12. How many pairs of L.A. Gear did you own? One, I think they were lavender and mint green.
13. Tales of the Fourth Grade Nothing or Are you There God? It’s Me Margaret? Neither
14. Did you ever “wax on” and “wax off”? Yes
15. Do you even know what I’m talking about? Yes.
16. Did you wear flourescent clothing (Be Truthful!)? Yes, it was pink.
17. Michael Jackson or Prince? Prince - my cousin A's influence.
18. Name three actors from the movie Goonies. Corey Haim and Corey Feldman?
19. Cabbage Patch Kids or Garbage Pail Kids? I had a blond cornsilk doll
20. What lunch box did you carry to school? I didn't have one since I lived close enough that I could go home for lunch as a kid.
21. Slap bracelets? Nope.
22. Hypercolor t-shirts or Jelly Shoes? Both - I loved my jellys!
23. George Michael or Boy George? Do you really want to hurt me?
24. Friendship Pins or Friendship Bracelets? I had both.
25. Madonna or Cyndi Lauper? Madonna! I still have the towel and stickers I got in Amsterdam during her True Blue World Tour.
26. Did you wear penny loafers with a penny in them, and rolled up jeans? Rolled up jeans, yes...didn't have the loafers though
27. What 80’s movie did Julia Roberts mark her debut in (*hint* not pretty woman)? Mystic Pizza.
28. Do you know what happened to Baby Jessica? No.
29. What TV show did Johnny Depp get his start? 21 Jump Street.
30. Corey Haim or Corey Feldman? Push comes to shove, Haim because Feldman looked like a girl...but really, neither.
31. Did you own a Rubix cube, and if so, were you able to ever solve it? Yes and no.
32. What NFL team performed the “Superbowl Shuffle”? No idea.
33. Where were you when the space shuttle “Challenger” blew up? Dunno.
34. Run DMC remade what group’s song “Walk this Way”, and performed the new take with them? Aerosmith
35. Frankie says? Huh?
36. How many swatches did you own? Do you remember the colors? One, and it was blue/clear.
37. New Coke or Classic Coke? Classic.
38. Who was your favorite Facts of Life character? Jo, maybe.
39. Prince Charles and Diana or Luke and Laura? Diana for sure.
40. Did you own an Atari? If so, what was your favorite game? Didn't have one, but my cousins did and I like Carnival and Galaga.
41. What is the “Eye of the Tiger”? No idea.
42. Are you singing it in your head now? Just that one part.
43. Did you think high school was going to be like Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Haven't seen the movie
44. Pretty in Pink or Sixteen Candles? Can't recall if I've seen either of these movies in their entirety
45. What movie provided the famous line…”THEIR HEEEEERRRRREEE”? Dunno
46. Did you wear leg warmers? Yes.
47. Wacky Wallwalker or Stretch Armstrong? Huh?
48. Pee Wee sang “The Stars at Night…are Big and Bright!” in what famous movie? Not a fan
49. Couldn’t wait for the summer for Slip and Slide? Never played on one before.
50. Did you wear scrunched up socks with your reeboks? Possibly but I don't remember.
51. Rainbow Bright or My Little Pony? My Little Pony
52. Magic Johnson or Larry Bird? I don’t care.
53. We Are the World or The Greatest Love of All? We are the World.
54. Did you say “What you talking ’bout Willis”? Possibly
55. What was the hair spray of choice for girls around the nation to unreasonably tease their hair? I think the brand around here was Final Net.
56. Did you own banana clips? Yes, but they never worked for me - too much hair.
57. The Cosby Show or Family Ties? Family Ties
58. Did you ever think She-Ra and He-man should have hooked up? Totally.
59. Barbie or Jem? Jem.
60. Do you remember going to the skating ring BEFORE inline skates? I've never been and have only ever known inline skates
61. What fast food restaurant put out the famous commercial, Where’s the Beef? Wendy’s.
62. Did you rush home to watch the “After School Specials”? No. I watched Scooby Doo.
63. Ferris Bueller or Teen Wolf? Ferris Bueller.
64. You still have the “Eye of the Tiger” in your head, don’t you? No
65. Who ya gonna call? “GHOSTBUSTERS!”
66. Flashdance or Footloose? Neither, really.
67. Tiffany or Debbie Gibson? Debbie Gibson
68. What was the first video MTV played? Video Killed the Radio Star.
69. What was ET’s favorite candy? Reese’s Pieces.
70. What TV show did Bruce Willis star in? Moonlighting.
71. What was the name of the talking car in Knight Rider? KITT
72. What song had the words “Gag me with a spoon”? Dunno
73. What character on a TV show liked to eat cats? Alf.
74. Name six members of the Brat Pack? Ally Sheedy, Molly Ringwald, Judd Nelson, Andrew McCarthy, Emilio Estevez, Rob Lowe, Demi Moore
75. Duran Duran or Depeche Mode? Duran Duran.
76. What group did New Order evolve from? Dunno.
77. What was the name of the Bjork fronted 80’s band? Dunno
78. Name all five New Kids on the Block. Jordan and Jonathan Knight, Donnie Wahlberg, Joe McIntyre and Danny Wood
79. What TV actress co-starred in the movie “Howard the Duck”? Dunno
80. Name the 4th original member of Depeche Mode, went on to form Yaz, and then another more lasting group? No idea.
81. What speed did Marty have to reach in order to activate the flux capacitor (*hint* Back to the Future*) Dunno
82. Name Buck Rogers pal. dunno.
83. What was the name of the bartender on The Love Boat? can't remember
84. What was the name of the once Morissey-fronted band of the 80’s? No clue.
85. Did you wear the Izod polo shirts? No
86. Esprit, Guess, or Forenza? Esprit
87. Did you think you would be killed by pop rocks and soda *be honest*? I've never heard this before
88. The California Raisins or Spuds McKenzie? Raisins
89. Did you skateboard, and if so, did you make sure you had on all your Vision Streetwear on before you went out as if you were Gator Rogowski? I did not.
90. Do you remember Max Headroom, and if so, what commercials do you remember him from? Yes and Pepsi, I think
91. Did you own a Beta or VHS? VHS.
92. Do you remember the “Baby on Board” trend? What did you think? No
93. Let’s get? Physical? It on? Physical.
94. What was the name of Don Johnson’s character on Miami Vice? Crockett.
95. Solid Gold or Dance Fever? Solid Gold.
96. Halloween or Friday the 13th? I don't do scary movies
97. Beat Street or Breakin? Is this a reference to breakdancing? If so, breakin.
98. What Irish rock group had us all singing, Sunday, Bloody Sunday? U2.
99. What was the trendy term for popular music in the 80’s? Uh...pop?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Forget Eye of The Tiger, I've got the Smurf's tune stuck in my head, now!

Lisa said...

Ahhh, I love this! I had to "steal" it and make it my own. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...