Thursday, January 31, 2008

Week One

It's almost a week now since wL and I had "the talk" and it's amazing to me what a difference it's made. He's more open and we've talked every day since then. I'm usually the one to call him up to get together, even if it's to go for a run, but he called me Monday night and we made a date to go running the next day. We had made a date for a dinner and a movie last night, but it was thwarted by both our work schedules, as was our tentative dinner date tonight.

The good news is that we're set for Saturday - I got us tickets to see The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at the Elgin, a musical that I've wanted to see since I first read about it a couple years ago while researching things to do in NYC. We're having dinner prior and he's picking the restaurant, which isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it's significant because I've always been the one to choose the destination when we dine out together. In times past, when I asked him if he had any preference, he'd just defer to me, and I'd throw the ball back into his court by giving him a shortlist. I wonder what he'll come up with...?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...