Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Art (or Folly) of Misdirection

I am a chicken and here's why: I had called wL yesterday afternoon to ask him out for dinner that same night and we were all set to go, but he called me a couple hours later to bail because of work, but suggested that we have dinner the next day (today) instead - we could go out or stay in and make dinner together.

So, I decided it'd be more fun to make dinner instead because we'd spend more time together and it'd be kinda fun and domestic-like to go to the grocery together.

Fast-forward to about 1:30 this afternoon, he responds to my text message to say that he was going to watch 27 Dresses with a girl friend but that he'd be home around 4pm...so I'm second-guessing myself as to whether it's wise to say anything today because what if he's actually interested in her? What if I've been reading into things - which may well be the case - and he's actually interested in her as more than a friend? I know her, and I've always thought that there was actually something between her and his brother. Whatever the case, I was losing my nerve.

We go to the grocer and back and we're in my kitchen prepping and in my brain, there's an internal struggle going on as to what to say.

Instead of being direct, which is what I would have preferred, I said, "Hey, are you interested in anyone right now because I know someone who's interested in you."

Lame. Lame. Lame.

So he says something like, "No, I'm not interested in anyone right now. Is this someone I know, or is it like a blind set-up, like someone was looking through your pictures and saw me?"

Ugh!!!!

I can't even remember what I said but it was dumb. What do I do now??

At least I know that he's not interested in anyone - if he was being honest. But why wouldn't he be honest? Here I am, just like a girl, over-analysing. But what now?

Strike one for my first attempt in finding out once and for all what's up between he and I.

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I can sympathize. I'm the queen of over-analyzing... :/

Jane Flanagan said...

Boys are completely dense. You'd basically have to take off your top for them to realize you like them. So, most likely, no harm done. Just breathe and reboot and try again. But, be careful that all this hanging out doesn't put you in the "friend-zone". Ugh... it's not easy is it?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...