Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bathroom

I’ve been hunting for the perfect shower curtain to complete my bathroom look. I’d picked up soft and plush bath towels in clean white and fresh meadow green for my white and chocolate bathroom and had my heart set on Marimekko’s Kaiku shower curtain, except for the fact that my best friends’ S&W saw it first. (Incidentally, it's available online at Anthropologie)

Long story short, I was inspired by the fresh, graphic quality of the print and had it in mind for my own. It’s silly to say that, among other things, I’ve been focused on finding a suitable shower curtain.

I know what you're thinking. I’m a freak. Because I know how ridiculous it is that I’m not moving for another 6+months yet I’m anxious to find the right shower curtain. I know I have issues. But it’s the little hit of instant gratification that satisfies…it’s a small enough buy that I won’t stress about it too much if it turns out I made the wrong decision (which I didn’t.) Besides, it’s also small size-wise so won’t take up much storage space until I move.

I found this at Urban Barn today and after some consideration, decided it was perfect:


I look at it and see the Tree of Knowledge, or the Tree of Life, in slumber as it were, with its’ vast canopy of leaves and deep roots - you can't see the roots, but I know they're there. It’s bold and graphic and symbolic and it’s perfect.

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Hey, when you find the right shower curtain, you just have to buy it! Doesn't matter if you need it yet or not... LOL.

Anonymous said...

I love that Marimekko print. So simple. I have it in cup form. It's become one of my favorite cups... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...