Thursday, January 03, 2008

3 Things

I've broken enough resolutions in the past to know better than to make any more. Despite this, I was inspired by Adrienne's year-end review of the books she's read to make an effort in 2008 to read more books.

I used to consume books - I'd get so caught up in a title that I'd lose track of time and read into the wee hours of the morning - but somehow, without me realizing how it happened, I stopped. So I'm going to start again....the first step is to bring a book with me to work. I'll still read my paper on the subway ride in, but on my way home, I'll read a book instead of doing the crossword which, on good days, I finish before I get to the terminus and have to while the rest of the ride away by doing the crossword which is hardly a challenge.

The second thing I've decided to do is to start taking the stairs up to my floor first thing in the morning. I'm pretty good about taking the stairs throughout the work day - I walk the 1 flight up and down for my caffeine fix, the 4 flights up and down to heat my lunch, and however many others required to get to my meetings on other floors. Yet, I always take the elevator up first thing in the morning - save for that one time I got to work late and there was a mass of people waiting for the elevators so I hiked it up and was all winded from the effort (those stairs are STEEP!) I figured this is the least I can do in the way of exercise everyday - if only to assuage the guilt I feel on the days I lack the will to work out.

Finally, and most importantly, I will take the bull by the horns and find out once and for all what it is between wL and I. The status quo is becoming rather unacceptable and I have nothing to lose but my pride if all there is between us is friendship...but if there's more...well. We'll just have to see. I've played the scenario over many times in my mind and I'm still not quite sure how to go about it. The timing never seems right when we're together, but then, what would make it the right time? I should just make my move. Now I just need to work up the courage...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...