Friday, January 04, 2008

WAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I just called my salon and my worst hair nightmare has come true: My stylist isn't coming back from maternity leave and I don't know where she's gone to.

Maybe you think I'm being overly dramatic, but I had been going to S since I graduated from university - a 6 year relationship that I hoped was just on a break for the past year while she tended to her baby boy. Having tried 2 other stylists while she's been away with very mixed results, I'm wary of auditioning a new stylist because I just don't have the patience for the new candidate to get to know my thick, straight, Asian hair.

After 6 years, S knew my hair so well that even when it was growing out, it looked great because she knew just where to snip the inner layers so that my thick hair didn't grow out like a triangle at the ends. This last cut isn't growing out well and for a girl who prides herself on having great hair (despite the grays, but that's what colour's for, right?) it's distrubing and frustrating. What am I going to do?!?!

This is a sad, sad day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...