Sunday, January 13, 2008

More Prints

A quiet Saturday night at home and I've been browsing Etsy with Season 3 of The West Wing in the background as I search for possible gifts for the little VIP.

Here's what I found in potential candidates:

1. Dandielions Dream creates art prints for children which may be customized and I like the idea of these two prints together, with the blue owls swapped out for pink owls. My first instinct was to have the text read "Sweet Dreams - E. M." but now I don't know...Perhaps "Dream Big - E. M."? Or no name at all but some other touchy-feely text?

2. Gorjuss features this pretty girl with her long, flow-y black hair in many of her prints. I love the purple scheme and how carefree and sweet she looks in this one:

3. I like this collection of 4 seasonal prints at Belle & Boo called My Favourite Spot in... they're at once carefree but bittersweet, too:

4. Yumi Yumi's Sitting Pretty is sweet and there's a Buy 3 Prints Get 1 Free sale going on, so I'm almost tempted to get the 3 other 5x5 owl prints just to take advantage. I love Sitting Still too, particularly in Brown.

5. Finally, meArtDesign's Swirly Bird in Pink because it's pink and it's pretty:

Birds, you may have noticed, are very-well represented in my sampling of prints and it's not that I favour birds particularly, but that the artists who sell their work on Etsy do. Anyway, they're pretty and I think they'd be pretty in a little girl's room.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Jane Flanagan said...

I've admired the Belle & Boo set of 4 for a long time.

Another favourite is Sarah Jane Illustrated Childhood: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5317715

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...