Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Bedroom II

Alphonse Mucha is one of my favourite Art Nouveau artists and while in Prague two springs ago, I had to visit the Mucha Museum and it was there that I picked up prints of his 4 flowers -Iris, Lily, Rose and Carnation - with the intention of hanging them somewhere in my condo.

As you can see from the floorplan, S&C's upholstered headboard which stands over 5' tall is central to this scheme.

It's currently balanced on either side by the sparkly ball lamps atop Ikea's Hemnes 3-drawer dresser in white. If it turns out that I'm not able to source a storage bed sans headboard, I'll need the storage.


I'm not sure whether to split Mucha's 4 flowers so that there are 2 above each of the dressers, or keep them all together so that when I'm sitting on the couch facing my bedroom with the sliding door open, there'll be something of interest to look at.

Finally, in the corner, my lovely, super-comfy occasional chair, with maybe a slim endtable on a small area rug to define the corner area.

4 comments:

Jane Flanagan said...

What about the four of them along the wall across from the foot of your bed, so you always wake up to beautiful artwork?

Jane Flanagan said...

Oh wait, I think I missed the sliding door bit...

phoenix said...

Yes, my first thought when buying them was to place them as you've suggested across from the foot of my bed and then, like you, I realized that the sliding door would make that impossible. The upside to this is that I can perhaps now place a smaller grouping of prints in that corner area...perhaps in a 2x2 formation to the left of the chair?

And thanks to you, Jane, I can't get MAP's "Focus" out of my mind and now I'm thinking perhaps that I may be able to work it into my den...say, above my desk, so when I'm procrastinating or distracted I'll have a reminder...? :)

Jane Flanagan said...

I like your thinking - find a solution that allows you to buy more stuff! I have an ever-growing collection of prints and move them around season to season (it helps me look at them with fresh eyes.) Wherever these go up right away, they can always be switched around. Sounds like you're having fun thinking all of this through!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...