Monday, January 15, 2007

The Golden Globes

Instead of prepping for my interview tomorrow as planned, I've been parked in front of my TV for much of the last 4.5 hours watching Entertainment Tonight, the Golden Globes, and now The Hour. George Stroumboulopolous was interviewing Steve Wozniak, co-founder of Apple, and I couldn't help but notice that he has really big nostrils. I also tuned into his interview with John Legend and must say that I am very impressed with how articulate he was in speaking about the issue of race in America and the publicity surrounding Kanye West's now infamous statement that President Bush doesn't care about black people in America...it kinda makes me want to check out more of his music.

Here are my superficial thoughts on the Golden Globes:


* Emily Blunt is tops on my list for best dress here - very Herve Leger band-aid dress-esque1 and just beautiful. (via)
* I have a girl-crush on Kate Walsh.
* Why does Renee Zellweger always look sour-faced? Does she not smile anymore? I did like her green dress though.
* Angelina Jolie's dress was beyond underwhelming.
* Beyonce's gold dress was T-A-C-K-Y.
* Mary Louise Parker's hair and make-up was gorgeous, as was Cate Blanchett's.
* Cameron Diaz - awful make-up, and over-tulled.
* Sasha Baron Cohen as Sasha Baron Cohen was funny.
* Kyra Sedgwick's acceptance thanking her "one and only, her only one, Kevin." *sigh*
* Mia Maestro's multi-balloon dress: ewwwwwww
* Reese Witherspoon - she looked great and I loved the yellow dress/red shoes combo.
* Sara Ramirez looked lovely in a 40s pin-up kinda way.
* Drew Barrymore's blush-pink dress was very pretty.
* What was up with Vanessa Williams' crazy big hair?!

That's all. I have to get back to prepping for my interview.

1 I used to watch a lot of Fashion Television as a kid.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

I like Drew Barrymore. Ever since E.T. =:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...