Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My first sale!

My girlfriend came over tonight for a look-see at my jewelry. I hadn't expected to make any sales because we were catching up for the most part but she ended up buying 2 necklaces - one of kyanite and silver beads, and the other a rope of pearls and labrodorite. My first sale as a business!! I was a little sad to see the rope go though because it's one of my favourite pieces to layer with. It just so happened to be one of her favourites too - and if I want to make this business a success, I can't be turning down chances to have my jewelry out there and worn by someone. I gave her some of my business cards to hand out and consoled myself with the hope that her enthusiasm for the necklaces will lead to more business in the future.

I guess this is the internal struggle I'll have to get used to - on the one hand, I'm glad that someone else appreciates what I've created, but on the other, it's bittersweet because it's a part of me that I have to give up.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

Congrats on your first sale!

Coincidentally, I had a sale the other day, too. One of my readers bought Mary out of my portfolio!!

It's a nice feeling to when people appreciate your work=:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...