Sunday, June 24, 2007

My one vice

If I have one shopping vice, it's books. I can usually resist clothes, but books I feel less guilty about buying since they ususally add value in that they enrich my mind. Clothes, for the most part, just look pretty. I love books and it's not enough to just read them. I want to own them.

So in the last 24 hours, I've gone and bought 5 books, 4 of them online: Three Trees Make a Forest and The Age of Feminine Drawing off Amazon, and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (pre-order) and, just so I'd qualify for Indigo's free shipping, A Year in Japan off my wishlist.

Then this afternoon, I wandered into Type Books, this fantastic little independent book shop across from Trinity Bellwoods Park, where I lost myself for over half an hour. I found lots of little gems, but left with The End of the Alphabet by CS Richardson.

I really must stop with the unnecessary purchases. If this keeps up my condo will be empty save for a mattress on the floor to sleep on because I can't afford to buy any furniture. :(

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...