Sunday, June 03, 2007

Everyone's got cake but me!

I'm obviously really prone to suggestion because I've been vegging in front of the TV for the last 1.5 hours watching The Food Network and show after show has been about cakes - wedding cakes to be precise and now I'm craving some cake!

First there was Sugar, the wedding edition. It was followed by Ace of Cakes, about Baltimore-based Charm City Cakes which has become one of my favourite shows (even though I don't know when it's on and have only caught it by chance thusfar) given the amazing artistry of the cakes created. Today's episode was a re-run of the first one I saw that peaked my interest. Check out these adorable little owls made of cake:

Now I'm watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay (who I've never been a fan of) and the challenge in this episode is wedding cakes.

What's with the wedding theme in this afternoon's programming? Is it the influence of June being the traditional month for weddings? Regardless, there's no cake in the house and I'm not so inspired that I'm up to baking a cake right now so I'm munching on some cookies which isn't nearly as satisfying as a moist, frosted slice of cake would be.

4 comments:

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

Those owels are so cute!

will anderson said...

=)

The Lone Beader® said...

Those are cakes?? But, I love owls!! I could never eat those... :)

phoenix said...

I don't think I could eat them either! They're too cute and to think of all the work that went into them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...