Sunday, June 24, 2007

Couch Potato

I enjoy browsing furniture shops. I've enjoyed doing so even before I had a place to furnish, and now that I do, it's even more fun because I actually have a real purpose for wandering in for a look.

So among other things this afternoon, I indulged in some browsing along West Queen West. The goal today was to find couch candidates with Nicole Miller's Plaza sectional (below), which I first spied in some decor magazine, in mind.

I really like the contemporary shape of this sectional and how the button-tufted back cushions lend it a retro-50s feel. It looks super-comfy, but it's also over-sized and more likely than not, it's out of my price range, so I've begun the hunt for a suitable substitute.

And yes, while I presently don't take possession of my condo for about a year, daydreaming about how I'm going to furnish and decorate it (which of course, involves a spreadsheet just so that everything is organized) and checking my live condo feed will have to sustain me in the meantime in between time.

I found 2 potential candidates at Pavilion: The Portland, with its 4-button-tufted back cushions and cushy, but firm seats. It comes with 2 bolsters too, which I quite like.

And the Grace, with its piped 6-button-tufted back cushions. I'm not sure how keen I am on the piped detail, but I think of the two, this one looks sleeker...and more...feminine and glamorous*, I guess. Maybe because its arms have a slimmer profile and it's bolster-less? The Portland looks more casual in comparison...

Both are made in Canada, available in over 200 fabrics and will require a lead-time of 6-10 weeks.

Which do you prefer and why?

* I envision it in a room with a sparkly, mirrored accent like this. I saw something similar (but better) at Urban Barn today but neglected to take a picutre of it - my bad.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

I don't browse furniture shops too much, but I DO LOVE Crate & Barrel and IKEA. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...