Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hot fun in the summer time

This summer promises to be a great one weather-wise and with the temps in the high 20s today, I couldn't help but think of some of the things I'm looking forward to this season:

1. The Shaw and Stratford Festivals. This season's programs appears right up my alley and as the reviews trickle in, my problem is deciding which ones to see given the wealth of choices available.

2. Luminato: Toronto Festival of Arts and Creativity 2007, June 1-10. This is the inaugural year of the festival so I'm curious to see how it plays out. There's a lot going on and the only thing I've planned so far is to check out the opening of the Libeskind-designed Lee-Chin Crystal at the ROM.

3. Rollerblading down by the Beaches. I hope to get out more often than I did last year...which might have been just once. I have cute rollerblades. They're purple and they make me smile just to look at them. I need to use them more often.

4. Just For Laughs Toronto. We're getting our first Just For Laughs this year in Toronto and I'm excited since I went to Just For Laughs in Montreal about 5 years ago and had such a great time. Russell Peters is expected to appear and he is hiLARious!

5. Backyard BBQs. With the house undergoing renovations through all of last summer, our BBQ saw NO action, so I plan to rectify that as soon as possible.

6. MACHU PICCHU. My GAP Adventure and plane ticket for August were booked last month but in the meantime, there's lots to do to prepare including a trip to the travel clinic to get vaccinated and shopping for necessities like clothes to rough in and a backpack. I am a city girl. I have never been camping before EVER IN MY LIFE. So I'm slightly concerned about how I'll do on the 4 nights that we'll be camping along the Inca Trail. But it's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience - certainly for me - so I'm not going to stress about that.

When I told my friends at work what the trip would entail, they were thrilled and vastly amused: "This is the trip that keeps on giving! There'll be the stories before the trip about how you're preparing for it, and then there will be the stories after you get back!" - I have a reputation for being a high maintenance shopaholic-princess at work, which I think is undeserved, but they like to tease me all the same, so why spoil their fun?

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

I love summer art festivals... I'm trying to plan a little summer fun, too. Like go to the beach more often, drive to the top of Mt. Washington, NH, go to Martha's Vineyard, and the Boston Harbor Islands... there are so many things I want to do... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...