Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Birthday WC!

My friend WC turns 31 today.

We met in university and my earliest, most vivid memory of him is at the bowling lanes. A group of us had gone out bowling and he'd sat down against the wall with his head back and fallen asleep.

I have another vivid memory of him a few years later at Borders in Chicago. The two of us had driven down to visit our friend J for a few days and we were browsing in the magazine section at waiting for J to get off work and meet us. The next thing I know, our birthday boy was sitting cross-legged, against the wall, asleep.
I realize I'm probably not painting a very flattering picture, but these memories just make me smile. I've admired his amazing napping abilities ever since.

Best wishes, guy! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...