Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mobile MIA

At some point between showing S pictures of Little Miss Fire Piglet at work and this morning when I was getting my bag ready to go, I lost my cellphone.

I'm at a loss when I try to retrace my steps from the last moment I had it: I stopped in at the Sephora Eaton Centre after work to pick up DDF's Aloe Toning Complex (so soothing!); went to the Club Monaco where I almost bought the most delightful aubergine patent leather bag but didn't; and then killed some time at the Indigo flipping through design books until my 6:30 dinner party at Bymark to celebrate capital expenditure approval for the project I'd worked on the last 3 months.

I'm so glad I got back in time for this dinner because it was fantastic - besides which, who doesn't enjoy dining on the company's dime? I started with the Crisp Frites With Butter Braised Lobster & Classic BĂ©arnaise “Poutine Style” - I would have taken a picture with my phone but it didn't seem the right thing to do with a VP and a couple members of our Executive Committee in attendance, not to mention our external consultants on the project. But then again, if I hadn't resisted the urge, I might have found out sooner that my phone was missing...or not...Anyway, I followed this with the Roasted Lamb Loin with Wild Mushroom Risotto, and capped it all off with the Warm Mexican Churros With Dulce de Leche Rich Hot Chocolate Sauce and a glass of the Taylor 10yr Tawny. There was wine of course - a crisp Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc and a peppery Shiraz from Margaret River that I didn't get the name of - which I happily sipped throughout the evening.

I can't imagine how I lost my phone because I didn't use my phone last night and I don't see it falling out of my bag becaue my Kate Spade tote has a cellphone pocket inside which my mobile fits rather snugly. I don't want to think this, but could someone have taken it out of my bag? I did leave it under my chair at the restaurant when I left to go to the ladies room. But it doesn't make any sense to me! Where could I have left it?!?

I called Rogers to have my phone blocked so if someone does find it and tries to rack up long distance charges or something, they won't be able to. If it doesn't turn up in the next few days, I'm going to have to get a new phone. The good thing is that my mom's still in Hong Kong and if it turns out I do need a replacement, she can get me a new one for less there...truth be told, I've already got a few in mind....

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

I'm sorry you lost your phone. Did you have insurance on it? I lost mine once, and had a new one shipped to me in a day for only $50.

phoenix said...

I found it! Or rather, my friend did - it had somehow fallen out of my bag when she dropped me off Monday night. How, I don't know, but it did. I'm just glad I don't have to get a new sim card...although the thought of a new toy did appeal... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...