Sunday, February 24, 2008

My favourites @ IDS08

I was inspired by much of what I saw today and here're the favourites that caught my eye...

I love the gorgeous, sparkly mosaic mirror and decorative plate made of glass tile, rhinestones and glass beads by Karen Johnston:

Vases made of clay and tobacco leaves from Haiti at the Trade Facilitation Office Canada (TFO Canada) booth. This NPO was founded in 1980 by the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) following a decision of the Canadian government to establish an office “to assist developing countries to export to the Canadian market.” They weren't available for sale at the show, but I was told they can be found at Ten Thousand Villages:

Love this fun chair at the Trevisan booth - the flowers remind me of poinsetta blooms:

This tub, part of the Axor Massaud line by Hansgrohe, is a protoype and to.die.for.:

Bright white Chinoiserie, care of Dragon Heir - I love the screens, and they manufacture in Beijing:

Art Signs has been in the business of "professional sign and wayfinding design" for 15 years, but they've branched out to decorative wall art to great effect:


Art for your floor at the sourceuk booth:

After seeing these pretty and inspired-by-nature accessories at AT Design Group's booth, I must now check out their store in Rosedale:

Continuing with the natural theme, lovely pendants by Toronto-based designer Mathew Birtch:

Beautiful ceramic and porcelein at Kosoy & Bouchard - I want this for bowl my sink in my grown-up powder room:

S Bloc by Rob Southcott. From the Designer's Statement - "Cast plaster blocks are simply arranged in any number or configuration. Inspired by embellishments of the Victorian era these casting can be used to enhance any surface or environment.":

LOVE this banquette by reCraft Furniture - something else for my grown-up home...I think in my kitchen/dining room:

This deslightful sink (it's actually a double) is made of concrete by Magnus Nordstrom:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...