Thursday, August 03, 2006

Turn on the lights!

I "dropped" in to check out my friend's new condo. We ended up going out for dinner, me for some yummy bibimbap in a hot stone bowl and he for some bulgogi. But dinner was so late (around 8:45pm) that I just wasn't hungry anymore and couldn't finish my meal.

I got home late and after setting my bag down, made my way down to the basement to check on the progress. And was I ever pleased to see that they had started laying the wood laminate floor. But the best thing? They installed the wall sconces!


When I spoke with the contractors last night, they said that they'd install the sconces last to avoid getting them dusty, etc. with all the work that remains, so it was a pleasant surprise to see them up. And they're actually a lot bright than I thought they would be. I'm thinking of changing the orientation of the leaves, but that's a minor detail.

These lights will be in my brother's "study" and his opinion? They're too "fruity."

My wish tomorrow is to come home to a finished kitchen. Yup, you read right, the kitchen is still not done, and we started that way before the basement. The latest day was for the backsplash tile, but that's in now, so hopefully when I come home tomorrow, we'll have plumbing in the kitchen and the backsplash will be done...My fingers are crossed, as are my toes...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...