Saturday, August 26, 2006

Moody me

It's been a pretty uneven weekend for me so far. I had a 1/2 day yesterday and spent it with one of my best friends who's moved back from London, England. We met for lunch in the west end of the city before my 3pm hair appointment and then spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out around Queen West.

We stopped by the site of my condo that's presently just a big hole, and then browsed the bead stores since I'm sourcing sparklies for a necklace I'm making for another girlfriend.

We ended up having dinner at Jules on Spadina, a favourite that never disappoints. On our way to the subway, we stopped at Kiehl's where I was sampled up, and at Caban where I found a pair of lamps for my condo that were 40% off. I can't wait to furnish my place. I have definite ideas about what I'd like in the space--my den is already furnished in my mind--the details of the rest of the space are still rather fluid, but that's OK.

All in all, Friday was a good day.

Today was a different story. I'm ashamed to admit that I threw a hissy-fit this morning because I couldn't find my sneakers which my mother had stored away because of the renovations. She finally found them for me and I was able to head out to meet my friend for lunch.

We had plans to spend the afternoon shopping at Yorkdale but neither of us was really in the mood: the mall was a construction zone and it had been so long since I'd gone to a mall on a weekend day that I had forgotten how crowded it gets. The stores were busy and all the stock was a mess. Quite honestly, I can not shop under such conditions, so after some discussion, we decided to call it a day.

I got home and my mood turned darker. All I could do was complain about how bored I was with everything: food, shopping, living in the basement, the renovations. My mother finally told me to keep my negative energy to myself so I decided to give myself a pedi.

Is this the start of the birthday blues? Maybe. I just want my life back to normal. I want to be able to look in my closet when I want to find something to wear instead of digging in a garbage bag. I want to pull out my drawers when I'm looking for a t-shirt to wear instead of juggling drawers that are stacked one on top the other against the wall. Is that too much to ask????

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...