Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Real Home Renos: 1 step, 2 step, 3 step, 4

I am SO over stairs.

The contractors didn't come in today so I took the day off to pack up 20 years of accumulated stuff as they'll begin work on the the 2nd floor Friday. This of course means that my mother, brother and I will be confined to the basement for the next couple weeks.

I was overwhelmed by the task at hand so procrastinated a bit with Regis and Kelly before starting. I was about ready to quit about 1.5 hours in: I started by packing up the linen closets to take down to the basement. In hindsight, I should have worn my step-counter because I lost count of how many times I went up and down from the 2nd floor to the basement transporting stuff. My feet and shins are rather sore...maybe I'll call for a massage appointment this Sunday...mmmm.....

The good news is that the main floor should be painted by the end of day tomorrow. I'm loving the colours and have been studying them throughout the day to see how the light affects the colours. So far, I'm thrilled with my choices.

And the floors! They've torn up the wall-to-wall carpeting and the funny thing about this is that they revealed the family room floor first, and the hardwood was laid in a parquet pattern! I was surprised because I don't remember there being a pattern at all. I chalked it up to a faulty memory since I was only 9 when we moved in, but when they tore up the rest of the carpet, the floor was as I remembered, laid vertically...or horizontally....whatever...just no pattern. I wonder why the builder did that?

It's coming together...I'm happy...but tired. Very tired from the packing and trekking up and down and up and down and up and down again.

Yup.

SO over stairs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...