Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm so excited!!!

But I don't want to be TOO excited so that I jinx it...I found out tonight that our hardwood guy may be able to start installation this Thursday rather than Saturday. How great is that? If it takes the week he expects, perhaps I will be back in my own bedroom upstairs in time for my birthday! Yay!

I'm not counting on it all being done by that time because that ain't gonna happen. The kitchen walls still need to be painted, and because the main floor furnishings are all packed in there, the hardwood must be installed before they can finish the kitchen. I still can't wait though!

**************

The other news is that I will be presenting to our executive committee on the 8th. I'd been working on a project scoping out potential M&A candidates. We have a research analyst scheduled to come on-site this Thursday for the full day and the expectation for the 8th is that we will provide the EC with a summary of that day's findings....I'm slightly freaked out by the prospect, but my senior manager is very supportive and generous in providing me with opportunities to grow in my role. After all, it's not every lowly analyst that gets to present to the CEO. I just hope I don't make a complete IDIOT of myself!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...