Sunday, July 30, 2006

Happy ever after II

The evening's reception did not disappoint. The banquet room of the country club was elegantly decorated with chiffon and tulle, pink satin taffeta ribbons and fairy lights, and the festivities unfolded with C&H's sense of fun and humour evident throughout: Each table was named after a different candy, reflecting C's very sweet tooth, and of course, there were samples of the candy scattered about the white brocade-covered tables. And the bridal party danced into the room to various styles of music (my favourite has to be the chicken dance.)

The piece de resistance though was the couple's first dance, which came later in the evening: C stood alone on the dancefloor waiting for her new husband who had disappeared momentarily, only to reappear and join her dressed up in a bunny suit! The expression on her surprised face was priceless.

The music was a walk down memory lane: NKOTB's Please Don't Go Girl (which I hadn't heard since grade school!) and Debbie Gibson's Lost in Your Eyes. I like to think I'm pretty good at remembering song titles and artists, and my friend's beau seems to think so too because we engaged in a friendly little competition to see who can name that tune/artist the quickest. I reigned supreme, but he claims it's because most of the music was off CHFI's playlist. I will concede that if the music was more CFNY he would have kicked my butt. Luckily for me, it wasn't. :)

With the night winding down, we made a final sweep of the room to see what candy remained. I picked up a couple ring pops, some peanut M&Ms, a box of Junior Mints and my favourite Tootsie Rolls.

The wedding cake was as yummy as it is pretty. I couldn't resist a taste of the bottom two layers of wedding cake: chocolate cake and lemon cake with raspberries in whipped icing. With my sweet tooth well-satisfied, we called it a night, wishing the newly-wed couple a happy ever after.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...