Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Back to the Depot. AGAIN.

Ever since we began our renovations, I've become a regular visitor at the Home Depot. In the last 4 days, I've been 3 times...the last 2 trips were made today because the first one I went to didn't have the faucet I wanted in stock. I expect to go back again tomorrow because my mother has decided that she wants wall sconces in the basement after all(!) in addition to the really great new decorative sconces I found at Ikea last night.

They'll be hung horizontally in a series of 3 along the wall that will be my brother's study. I was excited by my find, but being the typical guy, he could care less what they look like.

I was telling a friend today about my familiarity with the Depot and he thought it was cool that I was "handy" and commented that he had only just introduced his bride to the Depot in the last year since they recently bought a home. I had to laugh at being called handy because I am so not. Crafty, maybe, but handy? Non. That's what contractors are for! I come up with the vision and they make it a reality.

Aside from the sconces, I'm on the hunt for lighting for our family room. I want something similar to this one here in its contemporary, clean lines. It would be perfect if it weren't 3ft across and hung so low.

I found a few possibilities tonight while at Living Lighting but nothing struck me as perfectly what I had in mind. I'm not ready to give up yet. I have at least a week to source the perfect fixture and if I were to just get a light that sort of matched the criteria I had in mind right now, it would feel like settling and I'm not ready to settle just yet. I know the perfect fixture is out there waiting for me to find it...I just have to be patient and persevere.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...