Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Can't sleep dammit - Part II

This is the second time in as many nights that I'm finding it difficult to fall asleep. It's not the heat because I'm quite comfortable with the A/C on...actually, I find it a bit on the cool side, which is usually conducive to sleep. I'm physically tired...my eyes certainly tell me so, but my mind just refuses to let me rest.

Counting sheep does not work (duh) and telling myself to stop thinking is futile because I end up obsessing over not thinking and then it's just a vicious circle from there.

I read my horoscope monthly at the beginning of the month, and when I remember to, at the end to compare and contrast. Given all that's happened this month (and because I can't sleep) I decided to read it sooner rather than later. (Speaking of which, whatever happened to July?) This bit cracks me up:

Mars will increase your drive, determination, and passion to achieve difficult goals, and rather than be deterred by obstacles, you'll relish them because you'll get so good at deflecting them. Once you see the power of your inner will, you'll feel able to leap buildings in a single bound.

If my inner will were so powerful, why can't I just hurry up and fall asleep already?!

What depresses me is this little gem:

If single, you'll be A-list with friends, but also in hot demand romantically. The July 8 - 9 weekend should be your most romantic of the month, possibly of the year.

Nothing particularly romantic happened that weekend save for a trip to Niagara-on-the-Lake to see High Society with a friend and dinner afterwards with a larger group of friends. If that was supposed to be my most romantic weekend of the year (emphasis above is my own), then I'm destined to remain single for the remainder of 2006. Now I have one more thing to keep me up at night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...