Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Short work weeks rock!

Going back to work after a long weekend is hard, especially when the long weekend was lots of fun. There's nothing more disorienting then waking up at 6:30 in the morning after having slept in for the last 3. The drive in was awful and the office is quiet because so many people decided to make the most of their vacation days and take the whole week off. The good news is that it's a short work week and there's much to look forward to this coming weekend so that'll make it go by even faster. Yay!

I've actually got real work to do, too! Not the crappy, tedious kind that makes me want to bang my head against the wall (since Finance's new hire started today, they will no longer require my services, double-yay!) My latest project is actually interesting! We're in the very early stages of looking at a candidate company for acquisition and I've been working on gathering intelligence on the industry, etc. This is why I loved my job.

We also have the first of what will be monthly group status meetings this Thursday so I'm curious to hear what our VP has to say about what's coming down the pipe. As long as there is this kind of work to challenge me, I'll be quite happy. If not...then I may just be brushing off my CV the end of the summer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...