Friday, July 21, 2006

Custom-order blues

I was all excited about picking up my new custom-made dress after work today. How disappointed was I to find that the changes we had discussed at my last fitting weren't implemented?

There was a miscommunication between the designer and the seamstresses who made the dress so what I tried at my fitting wasn't exactly as I had ordered. Seems there isn't enough fabric to fix it and I wasn't called in advance about that. I tried not to be annoyed but I wasn't about to accept a dress that wasn't what I had ordered. What's the point of getting a dress custom-made if it's not to your specifications?

I was going to wear the dress to my friend's church ceremony next Saturday but I guess I'll have to find an alternative since the fabric is from NYC and it's highly unlikely that the fabric can be sourced in time.

UGH. I'm just not having any luck with this custom-order stuff. First the tuxedo and now this. What a bummer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...