Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Smuthound I am

I often browse the G&M online at work and a couple weeks ago I came across an article about Elaine Lui's gossip, or, as she prefers, "smut" column, LaineyGossip.com. I was curious so checked it out and it's hilarious! She explains why I enjoy her column very well in her own words here:

"I'm not the Associated Press or the National Enquirer," she laughs. "What my readers like is the snarky spin on Hollywood. They're tired of the press-release image that gets shoved down our throat by People magazine, and the publicists that represent the celebrities. What is appealing to the people who read my column is that they understand Hollywood is an illusion, and this is an open-ended discussion about celebrity and what's going on underneath it all. And of course, I try to do it in my own voice."

It's thanks to her that I now have a new crush and his name is Daniel Henney.

( I started this post about an hour ago and got sidetracked looking for a pic of dear Daniel...here he is looking perfectly model-sexy-beautiful. I think he looks even better in glasses. Check him out at AsianFanatics.net.)

I'd never heard of him before but he is definitely what my friends and I would consider a "fortunate mix" of Korean and American. It's completely superficial and certainly not PC, but if you're honest with yourself, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Tyson Beckford is another example with the sweetest Asian eyes I've ever seen on a grown man.

Anyway, I used to watch Entertainment Tonight religiously. Every weeknight I'd plop down in front of the TV during the 7 o' clock hour and take in the day's celebrity news. It's because of ET that I was able to come through in the clutch in answer to a sports trivia question at work about which American family started the Special Olympics. Answer: The Shrivers, cousins to the more famous Kennedys.

Now the tube's saturated with entertainment news magazine-type shows and I lost patience trying to keep up...it was this, and the Average Joe human interest stories they ran that made me lose interest. I really didn't care to tune in to the morbidly-obese-man-who-can't-get-out-of-his-house-and-has-to-lose-weight-or-else-he'll-die, nor the skeletal-bulimic-anorexic-who-is-trying-to-gain-weight-or-else-she'll-die. Especially not with my dinner. Way to put a girl off her food. Yeah, I'm superficial and shallow. (But only sometimes.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...