Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I don't wanna but I gotta

In anticipation of all the packing I’ll have to do for our home reno, I’ve started collecting boxes at work. I brought home a couple tonight and packed up all my CDs. The top of my armoire looks so sad with just my stereo system atop it.

I turned to my bookcases next, and though I don’t want to, I know it’s time to purge. Much of what’s going will be my collection of paperback romances by Jude Deveraux and Julie Garwood. I was a huge fan of Ms. Deveraux’s Montgomery and Taggert clans and bought just about every title in the series back when I was in high school.

Aside: I just found a Montgomery-Taggert family tree up until the late 20th Century that is quite fantastic. It's scary to see that with the exception of maybe 3 titles, I've read them all. I also found a site with Jude Deveraux quizzes and scored a 9 out of 10 on the first quiz. The only question I got wrong was the one about the name of her son. Not bad considering how long it's been since I read her books. Ya gotta love the internet!!

Anyway, sometimes I’ll re-read a cheesy romance just because. I often do this with Nora Roberts, and when I’m in the mood for historical, I’ll turn to Judith McNaught. It’s been ages though since I checked in with Ms. Deveraux and Ms. Garwood so it’s probably time to bid them adieu, so off to the Salvation Army they go…sniff sniff. I’m undecided on Jayne Ann Krentz, but I think I’m leaning towards saying good-bye since they’re hardcover and not the most comfortable thing to read while lying in bed.

I’m not quite psychologically prepared to sort through my clothes yet, but Sally Ann’s not coming by until the end of the month for a scheduled pick-up of all the stuff we’d like to see find a good home so I can procrastinate a little while longer…

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...