Tuesday, June 03, 2008

He's no longer with the company

Remember the manager who signed his emails with his credentials? I got a call this morning from his Director telling me that he was no longer with the company. I don't know if it happened late yesterday afternoon, after she had spoken to me, or this morning, but he's out.

I didn't ask for the reasons why, but based on my limited exposure through training him, I'd guess that it was because of incompetence and lack of accountability and integrity.

I had a feeling something like this was going to happen after I had spoken to my manager about the situation last Friday. He said he would follow up with his Director, but before he had a chance to, I was called into another Sr. Director's office about his work product, which he, the now-fired manager, had claimed that I had reviewed, which wasn't the case precisely. Yes, I had reviewed it - twice in fact - but both times, I sent him away because the work was incomplete, and he'd tried to pass it off as if it was, perhaps thinking that I wasn't going to check it closely.

Anyway, the Sr. Director called the Director, the Director called me and then we had a little chat about what happened and now he's gone and I'm left with a little mess to clean up. sigh.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...