Sunday, June 08, 2008

4 > 0

I set my alarm last night for 9am with the intention of going out for a morning run. The GTA is in the grips of a late spring heat wave - the forecast today is 30C but with the humidex it feels lke 42C! - and I figured if I got out early enough, it would be OK. But I woke up with second thoughts...I finally hauled my butt out the door around 9:30 and ran 4K around my neighbourhood.

It was hot but there was a breeze at times which made it alright while I was out there running - no hint of a stitch which is unheard of for me. But by the time I got home about 30 minutes later, I felt nauseous and after drinking a glass of water my brother had to pour for me because I couldn't stand, I had to lay on the floor for a good 20 minutes before the urge to yak passed. I guess that's what it feels like to be dehydrated. Despite that, I'm glad I got out since it's been 3 weeks since I was out last.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...