Sunday, June 15, 2008

OOOwwwwwww

I went to a Bodypump class Friday evening and after working my muscles and "think(ing) and feel(ing) like an athlete" as our instructor advised while executing a series of clean and presses, lunges, dead lifts and a bunch of other weightlifting moves, I'm now sore in places that I forgot I could be sore in.

If I really think about it, I haven't lifted a weight since I started running...and that's at least a year and half now. How crazy is that? I've done yoga classes and Bodyflow classes that have challenged my body to the point of tenderness...but my muscles have not been challenged to this extent in a really long time...and much as I complain and whine about how it hurts to get out of bed (seriously) I miss this feeling. Call me a masochist but I like the pain that comes after a hard workout because I know my body has done good for itself...and now that I've gotten a taste of the pain before the gain...I may just go back for more...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...