Monday, February 12, 2007

Oh, the guilt!

I've been feeling like a complete sloth the last week having made up any number of excuses for not hauling my butt out and into the gym to work out - chief among them being that it's just too darn cold to make the brief walk out from house to car to gym. Lame, I know.

I was undecided about whether or not I was going to run tonight. I finished dinner around 7 and then sat around for a couple hours doing not very much. 9 o' clock rolled around and it was do or die time - so I decided to haul ass. I figured since we're supposedly going to be hit by a snowstorm tomorrow, I better go now while I can, because there's no way I'm going to go tomorrow. And besides, a week is about as long as I'll allow myself for a break from the gym - any longer might result in a deeper slide and we just can't have that.

Tonight's distance? Just over 5.3K...not bad considering I probably could have run longer if it wasn't coming up to 10pm. I think I'm plateauing - I've upped the intensity but there's only so much my poor feet and shins can take, so I think my next goal now that I've hit 5K fairly consistently is to work towards doubling my distance. I know there's a 10K race sometime in the year...or am I talking crazy? Hmm....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...