Thursday, September 07, 2006

Flying under the radar

I've kept a pretty low profile at work since starting almost 2 years ago, but my latest project has raised it. I'm doing very interesting and challenging work, and it's getting noticed, which is very gratifying: I was told through a very reliable source that my stock has risen "three-fold" in the eyes of a particular executive thanks to my work on this project. He was under the impression that I was only interested in crunching numbers; apparently he had no idea that I would be excited about working on strategy or M&As. Which reinforces the fact that he doesn't know everything, although he'd like to think he does.

Anyway, my point is that it's encouraging to know that my work is being recognized. There's something to be said about flying in under the radar...Now back to preparing for my interview tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...