Saturday, May 27, 2006

Shopping like a champ

It’s only mid-afternoon and I feel like I got so much accomplished already today.

11 a.m. - I had an appointment for a hair cut so thought this David & Goliath T quite appropriate.

I love my stylist and trek all the way out to the west end of the city to see her. I can not imagine ever breaking up with her. I’d be lost. We’ve been together now for about 6 years—longer than any boyfriend. We first met when she was working in a salon in Yorkville. When she moved to Bloor West Village, I followed. We’ve developed such a close relationship that she is the only one I trust to chop off 15” of hair in one go.

I go through phases when it comes to my hair. I love it when it’s long, but then I get bored and cut it short. I usually work my way up to a short bob over 2 or 3 visits by cutting off 3-4” at a time. The last dramatic change was for a really short, textured style…very Halle Berry-ish in the back, but kind of longish bangs in the front.

I have never had so much fun with hair product! But was it ever high-maintenance! Every morning, I had to spend about 20 minutes styling it…and then there were the haircuts. I had to get it cut about every 5 weeks so it wouldn’t lose its shape—I have a LOT of hair and it grows like its on steroids, so by about week 4, it started to look rather bushy. After about a year of commuting about once a month to see her, it was time for me to put a bit of distance between us. I decided to grow it out. I am now in a long hair phase and today she gave me some sexy bangs to sweep to the side.

12 p.m. - I have 2 parties tonight and decided this morning that I had nothing to wear so I trekked back to the east end and hit the mall with the 45 minutes I had to spare before meeting my mother. I don’t think I have ever been so efficient in my shopping. In that short amount of time, I bought 3 tops and a pot of MAC Fluidline eye-liner in MacroViolet. There was even time to consult and pick up some sample cosmetics. How fabulous is that?

1:30 p.m. - I make it home in time to meet my mother and off we go to pick out kitchen cabinets for our home renovation. Within an hour, we chose a shaker-style door in a laquered white finish and a gorgeous granite countertop that’s black with flecks of gold and burgundy. The sales rep was amazed at how quick and decisive we were.

3 p.m. – I’m back home again and settling in for some primp time to ready myself for tonight’s revelry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...