Saturday, May 27, 2006

Another (expensive) habit in the making...

I went to a wiring workshop today and made a bracelet out of rose quartz and pearls. My VP and director had quite the laugh when I told them I was going to a jewellery-making workshop because 1) they don't think it takes much to string some beads together and 2) they just like giving me a hard time. I can’t wait for Monday’s show-and-tell! :)

I enjoyed the process so much that I decided to invest in some equipment. I picked up a pair of wire cutters and flat- and round-nosed pliers. I also spent an hour picking out beads to make a lariat necklace which I plan to start this weekend. I was so tempted to buy the semi-precious stones, but reason prevailed. I need to refine my wire wrapping style and crimping skills before moving on up to more expensive materials. I look forward to the day I can get my hands on some gorgeous lapis lazuli and pretty pink tourmaline.

(When I got home tonight, there was a package from Chapters waiting for me—The Line of Beauty and An Alchemy of Mind had arrived. Yay!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...