Monday, May 22, 2006

Persephone Books

I just discovered Persephone Books through Chicklit and I’m rather excited to order some of their beautiful books.

I wish I had come across them sooner since I was in London in April and could have visited their charming shop in person. Thankfully, one of my dearest friends will be coming to town for a visit next week and has agreed to pick up a few titles for me. I can start my collection sooner, rather than later!

From their website:

“Persephone prints mainly neglected fiction and non-fiction by women, for women and about women. The titles are chosen to appeal to busy women who rarely have time to spend in ever-larger bookshops and who would like to have access to a list of books designed to be neither too literary nor too commercial…Our titles include novels, short stories, diaries and cookery books. They are all carefully designed with a clear typeface, a dove-grey jacket, a 'fabric' endpaper and bookmark...”

I suspect that this may be the start of a serious book habit…how gorgeous and perfect will they all eventually look, lined up on my bookcase?!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...