Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend Finds!!

I spent the weekend hanging out in my neighbourhood. My original plan was to head out to the Queen West Antiques Centre after running a few errands but I stumbled upon the perfect little teak dresser for my hall at Red Indian Art Deco on Queen West. Here it is, in place:

I don't know why, but all the light switches are placed about 3' off the floor in my condo and this little dresser at 34" just hits the bottom of the switch. How perfect is that?! I'm now looking for the perfect mirror - something tall and Venetian perhaps - to place above it...or would that be too much of a juxtaposition?

I also found this lovely vintage Art Deco-style set for cream & sugar made by Medicine Hat Potteries in Alberta:

I walked as far as Trinity-Bellwoods Park where I came across the Queen West Art Crawl where I bought these 3 original ink and acrylic prints by Alison Mackenna which I think will be perfect for my bathroom. I just need to buy the frames now.


And these are the adorable coasters I picked up in Chinatown:

Now, I must clean.

1 comment:

The Lone Beader® said...

You pick out the cutest things! I could totally go for that cream & sugar in red! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...