Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Happy Birthday to Me
It's weird to think that another year has past...the birthday blues haven't hit as hard as they usually have...maybe because I've been too busy settling in to my place to think too much about turning 32. Jeez. I'm 32.
So what's changed in the last year?
* I'm an aunt to an adorable Piglet who has brought me and my sister closer then we have been since our father died;
* I ran my first 10K;
* I managed someone for the first time and have decided I don't think I like managing people...;
* I worked on a few big projects that recently launched and it's rather exciting to see the concept become reality...now we'll have to see if they're financially successful and as I modelled them;
* My grandfather is gone; and
* I've set up my own home and am slowly getting used to living alone - something I've never done before having always had roommates in school.
Hmm...in reviewing this list, there's not much romance - and I've decided that that's something I'm going to have to make an effort towards. I used to think that my friends would be enough...but I'm beginning to see now that everyone has coupled off that Mom is right...it really is important to have a partner and companion in life. Let's see what this new year will bring...