Saturday, August 16, 2008

Family Wedding

My cousin C, who is my father's oldest brother's middle child got married today and we attended the wedding reception. Since my father's death, we haven't been close with my father's side...to say we're estranged seems rather strong...we just don't keep in touch.

Anyway, I wasn't exactly dreading the reception tonight, but I wasn't looking forward to it either. Despite the indifference, I had a really good time: my sister, brother, Piglet and I sat with my cousins TM, D, TH and their spouses and children. We caught up and I met an Uncle, my father's cousin's husband from Maryland who I don't recall ever meeting. He is retired from the Library of Congress and is working on a family tree, which I think is the coolest thing ever. I've always wanted to know more about my family but have never made any moves towards that end...I gave Uncle R. my email address and look forward to hearing from him soon about the work in progress. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...