Saturday, August 16, 2008

Connected!

I'm getting settled in very slowly. My couch was delivered Thursday and it's so comfortable! I spent much of that day cleaning - lined my cupboards and put away my dishes and swept and mopped. With construction still ongoing through to October, I suspect I'll be cleaning just about every day if I want to avoid dust building up.

My appointment to hook-up my cable, phone and internet was early yesterday morning so I slept in my place for the first time Thursday night. I overlook a gas station (for now anyway) that fronts onto a busy street and could hear the sounds of the city all around, which is something I'll have to get used to again after living in the quiet suburbs the last 20+ years.

Now that I'm connected again, I feel less isolated. I'm presently sitting on my couch half-watching the US play Spain in Olympic basketball thinking I should head out to pick up some lunch since my fridge is depressingly empty...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...